Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

TV Show Episodes not Sorting Properly

I've been syncing videos to my 5th gen iPod for years. Until recently, all of the episodes of a season of a TV show synced in episode order, episode 1 first through the last episode. Now, the sort order in iTunes is still in correct episode order, but they are showing up in random order on the iPod. This is frustrating when I want to watch all the episodes of a season in order, but don't remember which episode is next to hunt for it in the list.

What changed? How do I get the episodes back in the right order on the iPod?

Dell Dimension 8400, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 5:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 6:38 PM

Solved my own problem. After posting my question, I browsed through the "more like this" suggestions. It seems my iPod is now sorting by Episode ID on the Video info tab. And even though all of my tv episodes were purchased through iTunes, not all of the episode ids were correct. Or even the same. Some were just 1, 2, 3, etc. Others were 1, 2, 103, S1E4, S1E5, 106, 7, etc. And some were just wrong, identifiying episode 3 of season 1 with the episode id of 104. So I've corrected 2 seasons, synced them, and they synced in the correct order.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 26, 2012 6:38 PM in response to KMN101

Solved my own problem. After posting my question, I browsed through the "more like this" suggestions. It seems my iPod is now sorting by Episode ID on the Video info tab. And even though all of my tv episodes were purchased through iTunes, not all of the episode ids were correct. Or even the same. Some were just 1, 2, 3, etc. Others were 1, 2, 103, S1E4, S1E5, 106, 7, etc. And some were just wrong, identifiying episode 3 of season 1 with the episode id of 104. So I've corrected 2 seasons, synced them, and they synced in the correct order.

TV Show Episodes not Sorting Properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.