Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

install logic on my new macbook pro 2012

Hi guys,

ive been scrolling the internet for days and actually can't find the solution to my next problem:

I bought the new macbook pro 15" running mac osx 10.7.4.

now i want to install logic 9 on this computer. Before this i've already been using logic on two computers, my Mac Pro and my older macbook pro (2008).

I installed logic pro 9 as in upgrade to Logic pro 8.

Ive tried installing logic pro 8 on the new laptop but it wont let me, says the new macbookpro doesnt support this program anymore.

Now ive tried installing logic 9 on the new macbook pro and it wont allow me. It wont accept my product liscence, I've tried it a hundred times, but it just wont let me.

Im not planning on using the older laptop anymore, should i uninstall logic from it? If so... how come i can't find the location of the liscence?

really hope hearing from u guys soon....

AJ

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 5:10 AM

2 replies

Jun 27, 2012 12:39 PM in response to Allan Doyle2

Allan Doyle2 wrote:

Try this..

Copy the logic 8 icon from you old system to your new MB Pro application folder then try to install LP 9..

Let us know result.

I think the OP will need to try and run L8 after he copies it, enter the serial for L8 then install the L9 upgrade.

Logic 8 will run in Lion, it just won't install because the L8 install uses some PowerPC code that needs the Rosetta emulation. Lion doesn't do Rosetta.

install logic on my new macbook pro 2012

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.