Skip navigation

Black Spots/ Smudges/ Dust Problem with Apple Cinema Displays

658 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 6:03 AM by Aquacos RSS
Aquacos Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 27, 2012 6:03 AM

my 24" cinema display from 2010 developed dust/ stains in the lower left corner of the display after about 1,5 years in use. see the attached picture. the problem is mostly seen in imacs. there is a long thread in the macroumors forum describing this problem and showing a not easy solution.http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1101370. i'm convinced that there is the same problem with some of the ACD like mine. probably the cause oft his problem is the sealing between display and backlight (see the description by oggy in the above linked thread) which allows that circulating air can bring dust between the two panels. it looks really like a design flaw. if you are in guaranty apple will change the panel. without guaranty no chance of help. but even the panel is changed the problem can occur again. but there are some hints that apple is investigating this problem. please post your experiences how apple is handling your case if you have the this problem.

2012-06-26 um 17-12-38.jpg

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.