Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Canon LPB 3010 and Airport Express

Hi,

I've already read some discussions about this topic but they are quite old and I'd like to know if there have been any updates about the issue.

I'll explain briefly my problem: I'd like to buy the new Airport Express in order to connect it with my printer so that I could print wirelessly. Nevertheless I found out that Mac Canon drivers have some limitations and don't allow to print over network (or, at least, that's what I've understood),

I wonder if, as now there are new Canon drivers (CAPT ver. 3.50) and a new Airport Express has been just released, something has changed. It would be nice if someone found out a trick to make the printer work with the Airport!!

Thank you in advance

MacBook (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 7:44 AM

5 replies

Jun 29, 2012 10:41 PM in response to marcoto90

A printer with a USB connection can use an airport express to be made available to all clients on a network that have a compatible driver for the particular printer. you simpley connect the printer to the express USB port and run the airport utility. it should detect your printer connected to the USB port.

At the very least, you'll be able to print. but if you are using a multifunction printer, all of the features may not work. It's always best to check to see if a printer has the mac compatible symbol on it before you buy.

Jun 30, 2012 1:02 AM in response to lunieri

Thank you for your replies!:) My printer is not multifunction one, however it can't be used with the Airport Express. I found it out thanks to "Pahu" in another discussion (https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4063923?answerId=18769887022#18769887022)

Now, as you can read in the discussion I've linked, my question is whether or not the new Airport express has a bidirectional USB port.

Do you know?

Canon LPB 3010 and Airport Express

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.