9869 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 28, 2012 9:32 AM by thismarty
Try doing the following:
- Without connecting your phone, open iTunes on you computer, go to Preferences, on the Devices tab check "Prevent...from automatically syncing"
- Authorize your computer or all Apple IDs used to purchase media on your phone from either the iTunes or App store by going to iTunes>Store>Authorize this computer
- Connect your phone, when it appears in iTunes on the left sidebar, right-click on the name of your phone and select Transfer Purchases (this will transfer your apps and other purchased media to your iTunes library)
- Right-click on the name of your phone again and select Backup (this will back up your phone without syncing)
- Review your sync settings on the various tabs to the right (Summary, Info, Music, etc.) and select what you want to sync. If you are syncing contacts and/or calendars on the Info tab you will need to enter at least one contact and one calendar event into the program you are syncing these with prior to syncing your phone.
- On the Tones tab check Sync Tones, and make sure you have checked the ringtone(s) in your library that you want to sync to your phone.
- Sync your phone. Your iTunes media may be erased from your phone (including your apps), but since they have now been transferred to your iTunes library they will simply be synced back to your phone.
- After syncing you can go back to iTunes>Preferences>Devices ang re-enable automatic syncing.