Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to join network for my home wifi, iPhone 4

We have two iPhones at home that, all of a sudden, cannot connect to the home wifi network.

I rebooted the cable modem and was then able to see and connect to the network with both iPhones and an iPad, but, a few minutes later, was unable to join the network. I have an iMac and a Thinkpad laptop that both connect fine and stay connected. I've tried rebooting the iPhones and forgetting the network, but the problem keeps coming back. I called Comcast to suggest they "change the channel" on their wireless gateway, but they couldn't do it.

Any suggestions are welcome. Thank you.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, Unable to join network

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 11:01 AM

10 replies

Jun 27, 2012 2:04 PM in response to goodankledad

I'm am having the same issue at both work and home, so I know it is my phone. I have found two work-a-rounds which will get connections to re-establish.

1. At work, on my iPhone I go to setting, Wi-Fi, and turn OFF, and then turn ON the Wi-Fi icon. It will almost find the connection after icon is turned back ON.

2. At home, and I have Comcast Xfinity too, I turn my router Off and back On. Then do the same in step one above and it will always find a connection.

Hope this helps others.

Signed,

Amatuer and new iPhone 4s user

Jul 4, 2012 10:04 AM in response to goodankledad

If the above does not fix the problem, give this a go as it worked for me. Easy to try.

http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Home-Networking-and-Router-Help/Unable-to-join-the- Network-on-iPAD-iPOD-using-Arris-TG-862/td-p/1281473

The security setting recommended as default by Xfinity seems to give trouble with apple products. I do not know which setting is the most secure, but this one allows my iPad and iPhone access.

Unable to join network for my home wifi, iPhone 4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.