Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.3 no longer supports iPhone 4S videos??

Been using Aperture for years with my iPhones, iPads, iMacs, etc. Just "upgraded" to V3.3 cause of Lion, and now Aperture no longer supports any of my iPhone video files (same files it supported all along). This is NOT a "first-aid" problem. To verify this, I created a new library, and tried to import only ONE .MOV file. The file was from my iPhone 4s. It was the standard H.264/AAC, 30fps, 1980x1020 video type. Aperture takes a LONG time to present the file icon (ostensibly trying to generate a thumbnail), and then imports the file presenting a black box with a generic video cam icon in it. When you click the icon, Aperture says the video file is unsupported and asks if you want to open QuickTime instead.

This happens with ALL the iPhone video files. The files are not corrupted because QuickTime player plays them just fine.

What gives?

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 10:09 AM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2012 3:30 PM in response to berarduc

I know responses like this are not necessarily helpful, but trying to verify that Ap 3.3 is or isn't the culprit I'm not seeing the symptoms you describe.

I Just imported 2 iPhone 4s videos. One was imported directly from the phone as a managed file. The second was imported as a referenced file using a video I emailed to myself and saved on the desktop. Both import very quickly, and both play just fine inside Ap 3.3.

How are you importing the videos from the phone?

Jun 27, 2012 4:25 PM in response to phosgraphis

Yes as soon as I posted this, I found a BUNCH of similar discussions. Seems a lot of folks, upon upgrading to LION, have seen this problem with MOV support in Aperture 3.3. It appears the problem is that the upgrade includes a codec called 3ivx (DIVX support) which causes the issues. SImply search on "3ivx", find the uniinstaller, and run it. Completely solved my problem.

Thanks.

Tom

Aperture 3.3 no longer supports iPhone 4S videos??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.