Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Create Open Directory

Good afternoon, I would create an Open Directory in the company where I work, my question is if the Mac mini Server stand make this work and how many user could manage it.

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 11:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 11:37 AM

'A' Mac Mini? no.

For sure, 'a' server can run Open Directory, with hundreds, or even thousands of user records - directory services are generally quite lightweight, but you don't want to run any critical service on a single server. You'll at least need a replica to handle the times your primary server is offline (whether intentional or not).

Beyond that, though, you haven't given enough detail of what else your server might be running to properly answer your question.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2012 11:37 AM in response to byNonato

'A' Mac Mini? no.

For sure, 'a' server can run Open Directory, with hundreds, or even thousands of user records - directory services are generally quite lightweight, but you don't want to run any critical service on a single server. You'll at least need a replica to handle the times your primary server is offline (whether intentional or not).

Beyond that, though, you haven't given enough detail of what else your server might be running to properly answer your question.

Create Open Directory

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.