Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using 3-5 monitors with FCP?

I'd like to have one 27" monitor for the main interface but I would like to have one monitor for bins, one for the audio mixer, and one for cinema preview. Anyone run more that 2 monitors with FCP. Any issues, performance hits, whatever?

Thanks!

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 11:46 AM

5 replies

Jun 27, 2012 11:57 AM in response to Shane Ross

What's insane, other than clicking on the thread link in my email program, having it take me to this discussion page, forcing me to log in, even though I am, then sending me back to the forum index after logging in every time. Forceing me to go hunt down the post I was trying to reply to, YIKES!

That and when I click on the audio mixer window to see my levels, FCP stops playback in the sequence. When you click on anything not in the sequence window FCP halts playback. Ugh. For people misuing the audio portion of FCP and adding 20+ audio tracks, this makes it extremely frustrating. And many of my clients do this. I need a sepereate 20" or 15" to display only the audio mixer window and the same for the other windows. Running everything on 2 screens, that's insane 😉.

Using 3-5 monitors with FCP?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.