5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 10:16 AM by Gary Scotland
Ryan Burkholder Level 1 Level 1 (130 points)

I'd like to have one 27" monitor for the main interface but I would like to have one monitor for bins, one for the audio mixer, and one for cinema preview. Anyone run more that 2 monitors with FCP. Any issues, performance hits, whatever?

Thanks!

• Shane Ross Level 8 Level 8 (42,285 points)

You can't...really.  FCP only likes it when you use one graphics card.  Two will confuse it.  Unless you get a DVI expander that will span one output over two monitors, you can't have more than two.  And with that, you have 3. 

4-5 monitors?  That's insane.

• Ryan Burkholder Level 1 Level 1 (130 points)

What's insane, other than clicking on the thread link in my email program, having it take me to this discussion page, forcing me to log in, even though I am, then sending me back to the forum index after logging in every time. Forceing me to go hunt down the post I was trying to reply to, YIKES!

That and when I click on the audio mixer window to see my levels, FCP stops playback in the sequence. When you click on anything not in the sequence window FCP halts playback. Ugh. For people misuing the audio portion of FCP and adding 20+ audio tracks, this makes it extremely frustrating. And many of my clients do this. I need a sepereate 20" or 15" to display only the audio mixer window and the same for the other windows. Running everything on 2 screens, that's insane .

• Shane Ross Level 8 Level 8 (42,285 points)

I meant that in a GOOD way.  Insane amount of monitors.  It'll look like the deck of the Nebekenezer from the Matrix.

• Ryan Burkholder Level 1 Level 1 (130 points)

That's what I was thinking, serious looking. But for praticle purposes, not jsut for show.

• Gary Scotland Level 6 Level 6 (10,140 points)

why not look at 2x 30" monitors if your GPU can handle it?

Dell Ultrasharp