Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPadkeeps telling me my user name or password is incorrect for my email and I have checked and all is correct but still won't access my account. Any ideas how to solve?

My iPad keeps telling me my user name or password is incorrect for my email. I have checked it all and everything is in order but still won't let me in. Any ideas?

iPad

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 12:31 PM

8 replies

Sep 21, 2014 12:21 PM in response to Julie AH

I Was having the same problem. Tried every suggestion I could find. Finally found something that recommened going to Apple and "mail settings lookup." Found by looking at that that my settings page did not show all the options they listed on the Apple lookup. In the process found that outgoing mail server authentication did not have anything checked. Set that to "password" and found that that password was too short (probably and old one). Once I redid that password, it worked! Only took about 5 months to get it fixed! Hope this helps someone - very frustrating!

Jul 22, 2015 4:17 PM in response to Julie AH

I get this regularly when move to a new part of town.

New cell or new wifi perhaps.

Rebooting the phone seems to fix it. Anybody know why?

If you've changed nothing and it was working before, reboot before trying all these other drastic measures that wipe out your email history.

Please fix this long running bug, Apple.

My iPadkeeps telling me my user name or password is incorrect for my email and I have checked and all is correct but still won't access my account. Any ideas how to solve?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.