Skip navigation

I can't "Reply" to my discussions?

355 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 27, 2012 1:33 PM by Frank Caggiano RSS
Rob A. Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 27, 2012 1:05 PM

I'm guessing that Apple is somehow preventing my account from replying to discussions?  They aren't locked or removed discussions so I'm assuming I've been put on some black list OR is discussions.apple.com just broken?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, iMac ... moved to PCs and Windows 7
  • Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,905 points)
    Jun 27, 2012 1:19 PM (in response to Rob A.)

There were problems with the site yesterday and a lot of users reported not being able to reply to posts. However since the maintenance last night I haven't seen any reports of problems until yours.

Have you tried disconnecting from the web site and reconnecting? Clearing cookies might help also. Finally if your able to try a re-boot.

If you still have troubles I'll let a host know.

regards

• SourApplesToGo Calculating status...
    Jun 27, 2012 1:27 PM (in response to Frank Caggiano)

Frank, using a different Apple ID, but that didn't solve the problem.  Tried Chrome and IE9 and still same problem, can't reply.  So I tried Safari and I'm now able to reply.  I sure hope this isn't intentional?

• Frank Caggiano Level 7 Level 7 (22,905 points)
    Jun 27, 2012 1:33 PM (in response to SourApplesToGo)

No I don;t think its intentional. Like I wrote there have been problems with the site.

Can you reply from your original ID now? If not I'll alert a host.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.