Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes won't play entire song on ipod shuffel

I have downloaded song from iTunes to my ipod shuffell...some of the songs are not playing the entire song.....I redownloaded and it still will not play the entire song

iPod shuffle, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 12:54 PM

3 replies

Jun 27, 2012 4:13 PM in response to redskins4me

Does the entire song (that gets cut off on the shuffle) play on the computer with iTunes? Make sure it's the SAME song, not a different recording of the same tune.

Check this setting. Select the shuffle in the iTunes sidebar, under DEVICES. Over to the right, go to me Settings or Summary tab. On that screen, there is a setting for converting higher bit rate songs to 128 kbps. If that checkbox is checked, try unchecking it, and Apply the change.

That's the only reason I can think of for a song file in the iTunes library being different from the song file for the SAME song on the shuffle. Maybe the process that converts song files to 128 kbps during syncing is not working properly for some song files.

Jun 27, 2012 8:45 PM in response to redskins4me

So it only happens on certain songs, but not other songs, and for those songs, it ALWAYS happens (even when you reload the shuffle completely from empty)? It does not happen on all songs purchased from the iTunes Store, correct?

If possible, make note of five to ten songs, where this cut-off on the shuffle happens. See if you can spot any patterns.

Are they all AAC format?

Are they all 256 kbps or higher?

Are they all longer than a certain number of minutes?

Do they all get cut off at the exact same playback time from the start of the song?

If you only load the shuffle with a small number of songs, like ten or so, does it happen?

If you manually load songs, instead of autofill or sync, or vice versa (depending on how you have been loading the shuffle), does it still happen?

Another possibility is corruption in the flash storage medium. When a song file encounters a bad bit of storage when loading, it does not get saved properly. But this cause would be less likely if the problem always occurred with the same songs, and not with other songs. So my very first question becomes important.

If you have not done so already, you can also try doing a Restore in iTunes to erase (reformat) the shuffle.

Itunes won't play entire song on ipod shuffel

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.