3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 28, 2012 8:43 AM by planb77
JJ Fernandez Level 1 (0 points)

Hi all,

My ipod nano 3G has been acting up for about 3 months now.  It started off by being frozen and would not respond to touches on the click pad for increasingly long amounts of time (first it was 5 minutes, then 10, etc.).  It has come to the point where it won't respond at all now.  I am able to view it in itunes and I can play music through itunes from the ipod.  I can also play music through an 'ihome'. 

I have tried absolutely everything I can find on the internet to update it/reset it/restore it/everything it about 5 times each.  The click menu/select together for 6-8 seconds does nothing but dim the screen (no apple icon appears).  In fact I cannot get an apple icon to appear no matter what I try. 

Has she just finally kicked the bucket as my exercise buddy and time to retire her?

Thanks for any info I can get.

Jeremy

iPod nano
  • planb77 Level 7 (32,315 points)

Has she just finally kicked the bucket as my exercise buddy and time to retire her?

More than likely. Sorry.

When you exercised with it, did you have in a protective case to prevent moisture from seeping into the Nano?

B-rock

• JJ Fernandez Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks B-rock,

I had a protective case but it was in rough shape and I'm sure moisture got in there more than once.  It lasted a long time!

I ended up taking off the back cover and the click-wheel cable basically just fell off.  Looks like it had deteriorated from corrosion or something.

Thanks again

• planb77 Level 7 (32,315 points)

Sorry to hear that.

And your welcome.

B-rock