Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sync new songs. Help?

Ok so mu iTouch is 8gb and I used it all up to the point where it says I'm over capacity by 0.02 gb or whatever so I deleted some stuff I didn't need and I had like 0.15 gb free and I don't know if thats alot but the problem is since then whenever I try to add a new song a pop up says that itunes couldn't sync (song name) because it could not be played on this ipod then there are like 3 + problems and now it's stopping me from adding new songs to my ipod so what do I do? If you can, something that doesn't cost money please. I'm using windows 7 by the way if it helps.

iPod touch, Windows 7

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 8:00 PM

10 replies

Jun 28, 2012 10:23 AM in response to lllaass

Yeah the songs play in iTunes and I downloaded them from a youtube to mp3 converter. But now I have a new problem. I tried again to see if it would work so I wanted this new song that I got from the youtube to mp3 downloader and what happened is when I opened my iTunes all of everything was gone and just that new song that I downloaded was there and the option is up here saying if I want to erase and sync or transfer my purchases and I want to get everything thats on my ipod back on my computer cause it's still on my ipod everything is and I don't want to do anything stupid before I get help so which option should I pick if I want to get whats on my ipod back on my computer? And could you also help me with my previous problem please? And am I safe to disconnect now because its plugged up to my computer now and I don't want to erase anything. And also with the syncing problem I have succesfully downloaded and synced songs from youtube to mp3 I just don't know why it won't work now.

Message was edited by: NanoAssassin11

Jun 28, 2012 10:34 AM in response to NanoAssassin11

- Yes. Eject the iPod and disconnect. This new message is saying that you previously synced to another iTunes library. You can only sync with one iTunes library. If you sync with another iTunes library iTunes will erase the iPod.

- For the first problem,it appears that the conversion resulted in the songs not being compatible with the iPod. iTunes can play many more formats that the iPod.

Jun 28, 2012 11:22 AM in response to lllaass

Ok let me get this straight here. I'm not syncing on another computer at all and I don't know why it is saying this which is why I am trying to get help from you. It gave me the erase and sync or transfer purchases option. I clicked cancel and copied and pasted all my songs back onto itunes from my backup folder. There were new songs on there too so I pressed sync since the new songs weren't on my ipod yet. Then it gave me an option to transfer my purchases and if I didn't they would be taken from my ipod. So I clicked transfer purchases. Now it says that I need 1.79 gb or mb or whatever to complete this action and itunes has now greyed out some of my songs with a sync symbol by them. I can't play them on itunes but I can play them on my ipod along with all my other songs. I don't want to restore anything quite yet. So can you help me? I really messed up and I wanna get these new songs on here and fix my corrupted itunes!

Jun 28, 2012 11:32 AM in response to NanoAssassin11

For some reason the iPod is seeing the iTunes library as a new library. Glitches like that happen sometimes.

- What you have to do is to get all media on the computer/iTunes library

- Connect the iPod to the computer and make a backup by right-clicking on the iPod under Devices and backup and select BackUp

- Restore the iPod from that backup

Note that the iPod backup that iTunes makes does not include synced media like apps and music.

From the disk space problem you are having with transferring purchases., you will have to free up disk space on the computer to do this.

Can't sync new songs. Help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.