Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Cinema Display Overcharges my Macbook Pro 13" (2012)

In my mac setup, I have the apple cinema display 24" on top of my desk while the laptop is in the desk cabinet. Since i want my laptop to be closed, the monitor only works if the magsafe connector is also plugged into the laptop. My concern is that the battery will overcharge. I contacted the apple store via chat and they said it wouldn't. However, after about 2 hours of usage with the laptop beign fully charged, the laptop started overheating so i disconnected the monitor form the lapotp. I figured out tat the battery had dropped half of its battery life according to the battery icon on the top of the laptop. Is there anyway I can connect my laptop to the moinotr without overcharging it in anyway? I also tried mirro displays, but the resolution is too bad. Thank you guys for your help.

Apple Cinema Display 24"-OTHER

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 27, 2012 10:23 PM

Try running with the display connected, but use the charger that came with the laptop. Don't connect the display's MagSafe connector. If the laptop still overheats then there is something wrong with the laptop. If it overheats only when using the display's MagSafe connector then there is something wrong with the display.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 27, 2012 10:23 PM in response to theminimalist

Try running with the display connected, but use the charger that came with the laptop. Don't connect the display's MagSafe connector. If the laptop still overheats then there is something wrong with the laptop. If it overheats only when using the display's MagSafe connector then there is something wrong with the display.

Apple Cinema Display Overcharges my Macbook Pro 13" (2012)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.