Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finding iOS5 fonts

Hi there

We are embarking on an iBook Author project here, but I cannot find the iOS5 fonts necessary for producing the book. Were these fonts part of the standard Lion installation?

When our macs were set up, we removed 'unecessary' fonts to avoid confusion/clashes in out workflow, but now we are starting thios project, I want to get those fonts back again.

In previous verios of OSX, I could just insert the system disk and use 'pacifist' to browse the packages on the disk to find the fonts, but without a system disk, what do I do?

I didn't get my Time Machine backup set up until after the fonts were sorted, so I'm not sure where to go next.

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3), 2.5 Ghz Intel i5, 4Gb RAM (work)

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 1:04 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 3:31 AM

Use the OS X forums to ask about restoring via the 'Rescue Disk', if in fact, certain fonts are missing.

5 replies

Jul 5, 2012 12:55 AM in response to Tom Gewecke

Hi Tom

I don't have many of those fonts, as when the system was set up all unnecessary fonts (i.e. not critical for system use) were removed because the mac is used for print use, and therefore all fonts that could clash with our in-house were removed.

In fact, I'm not sure that the fonts listed on Apple's iOS fonts page come as standard on a Lion mac at all. Should I have to buy them from somewhere else?

Jul 5, 2012 3:01 AM in response to Mac_fool

Mac_fool wrote:

I'm not sure that the fonts listed on Apple's iOS fonts page come as standard on a Lion mac at all. Should I have to buy them from somewhere else?

Do not have any idea of what fonts you want to use for your Project? Here is a list of all the Lion fonts. You should of course only use those which are also in iOS.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5098

Finding iOS5 fonts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.