Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie "open iTunes to populate this"

I have tried every possible solution so far from rebuilding iTunes music library to complete re-install of iLife11 - but still after all of this my iMovie no longer shows my iTunes music and instead says "open iTunes to populate this"

Other iLife programs like iPhoto sees my music library, this appears to be isolated to iMovie.

Help!

Mac OS X (10.6.4)

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 6:18 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2012 9:30 AM

Solved: I had to restore from timecapsule about two months back in order to fix this, but it solved this issue. I believe it could have been due to software updates with itunes and imovie which were not in sync.

After restoring my system to previous versions of itunes and imovie I checked if iMovie could see the iTunes music library - which it did - I then updated my apps and restarted macbook

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2012 9:30 AM in response to canjoe

Solved: I had to restore from timecapsule about two months back in order to fix this, but it solved this issue. I believe it could have been due to software updates with itunes and imovie which were not in sync.

After restoring my system to previous versions of itunes and imovie I checked if iMovie could see the iTunes music library - which it did - I then updated my apps and restarted macbook

iMovie "open iTunes to populate this"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.