Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing Windows on Separate Disk on Mac Pro

I'm trying to install Windows 7 on a spare disk (in bay 1). Do I need to format the disk in NTSF or MS DOS (FAT) before installing Windows 7? The computer currently tells me that the drive is not formatted for installing Win 7 on it. I had used this drive before for Leopard, cloned it to another drive (bay 2), upgraded to Lion, and erased and formatted the drive in bay 1, but not for the NTSF or MS DOS (FAT).

Thanks for any help!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:00 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:31 AM

it... does... not.. matter... Windows lets you delete and format the drive the way it needs it to be, but fat w/ Master Boot Record (Windows partition table) in Disk Utility: partition: Advanced option.

Then pull all the other drives.

Pretend you have to start with raw drive, no OS, and DVD in hand.

4 replies

Jun 29, 2012 8:22 AM in response to umairz

You dont' have a Mac Pro. This was about situation different 200% from yours.

Getting this moved to Boot Camp;

https://discussions.apple.com/community/windows_software/boot_camp?view=discussi ons

The MacBook Air under Windows doesn't support Turbo Boost for now.

Of course you can install Windows natively or in a VM. A VM would have to share memory and processors, that is why people dual boot and run Windows natively on its own partition.

Installing Windows on Separate Disk on Mac Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.