Skip navigation

The Reply button no longer works with Firefox 13.0.1

620 Views 11 Replies Latest reply: Jun 30, 2012 10:48 AM by Ralph Johns (UK) RSS
TomsiPhone Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 28, 2012 9:25 AM

Sometime in the last several weeks I've discovered that when I log-on here and attempt to Reply to another member's post, nothing at all happens--I don't get the Editor window to appear below in the window like it should (and it used to work just fine). I can Start a discussion with Firefox, and IE9 works with the Reply button (so I don't think it has anything to do with a firewall), but Firefox does no longer work at all. I've tried disabling Addons/Plugins, tried Safe Mode w/Networking, I've updated Java and Flash, nothing works.

Any ideas? Does anyone here know what addons/plugins are needed to make the Reply button and Editor pop-up work?

Windows 7
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (84,160 points)

Hi ...

It's an issue with the forum software which the Apple moderators are aware of.

For the time being, Safari works fine for replying to posts.

• Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10 (84,160 points)

ASC forum search for:  Can't Reply to a post here.

You may not have access all the links from that serarch.

The venue for the majority of the discussion is in an area called the Lounge which requires being a Level 6 for access >  Apple Support Communities - Reputation, status levels and privileges

edited by:  cs

• Ralph Johns (UK) Level 9 Level 9 (66,840 points)

Hi,

I am using Firefox 13.0.1 on a Mac and I am having no problems.

I was not having issues over the last two days either when people posted that they could not reply to some threads.

I do shut my Computer down each night meaning that I start up and then Start Firefox each day.

This may clear some caches out each time I do this and gets around the issue others have had.

10:05 PM      Thursday; June 28, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

  iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
     G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
     MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
     Mac OS X (10.6.8),

"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously

Hi,

Thanks for the points.

Most browsers on most platforms will cache the pages they have been to recently so that using your Back and Forward buttons appear quicker.

Shutting down the Browser often clears these and sometimes restarting the computer clears other temporary files that are kept.

It may pay to try the standard "Turn it Off and Turn it On again"

8:50 PM      Friday; June 29, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Hi,

Thanks for the Big Points

6:48 PM      Saturday; June 30, 2012

 Mac OS X (10.6.8),

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.