Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4s ringer doesn't work

Phone won't ring or play tones for calls, texts, etc. Plays music on iTunes just fine through speakers. I have volume all the way up, also have sounds turned on for button clicks & locks, but those don't play, either. If I don't have it on vibrate, I'd miss every single message. Vibrate burns up battery, too, though. I WILL play the ringer/alert tones when I scroll through the different sounds available and test them out, also when I'm in Sounds menu and change volume with the slider. Can't get the clicks to work for anything.

Last week my photos weren't rotating -- for example, if I wanted to see a landscape photo full-screen, nothing would happen when I rotated the phone. Only solution I found for that was to reset my phone. Not sure if ringer problem started right after the reset or it took a couple of days. Now I've tried to reset the phone again, but I get messages about connecting to Wi-Fi or using USB to connect to iTunes - all of which I've tried, to no avail.

Apple says I probably have to pay if I take it in to the store, but not sure how much, not to mention I'm going to be irritated if it is something easy I could've done!

Hope someone can help. Thanks 🙂

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, Sprint network

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 10:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 10:08 AM

Is the silent switch on the side of the iphone on?

4 replies

iPhone 4s ringer doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.