Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why doesn't copy paste work properly?

In snow leopard when I copy something and then paste it, it pastes what I had copied previously, not the most recent copy. Help?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 11:18 AM

11 replies

Jun 28, 2012 1:08 PM in response to missyjoy

Then the next day I copy a line from an email and try to paste it.

The next day? Are you leaving your computer on all the time?

Sometimes it will paste the first line instead of the second line.

Shouldn't be possible. I've had that happen occasionally, but it's always been my fault. Not quite pressing the C key, or letting up on the Command key just a hair too quickly (before the C key was really down).

If the keyboard is your normal way of doing a copy/paste, try being a little more deliberate (a bit slower) in your movement to be more conscious that you've actually pressed Command+C with both keys down.

Jun 28, 2012 3:58 PM in response to missyjoy

TextExpander, for example, sits in the background watching key presses, and when it detects a sequence that I have defined, it changes it to matching text eg if I type b.b.z (without the ., added to supress it here) it expands it to Ballinabranna (the name of a local village). But that doesn't appear to be your issue. As Kurt says, see if a bit of extra vigilance makes it go away, but post back if it continues.

why doesn't copy paste work properly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.