3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 6:02 AM by Dah•veed
jandluxe81 Level 1 Level 1

Hello, i bought a used macbook air. after deleting the pre owners' admin account and deleting the harddisk i install OS X lion again. After that i wanted to buy iphoto in app store to use photostream on my macbook. But in the app store it wasn't possible to buy. The button says only "accept" and when i click on it i have to login with my apple id. after this a notification windows opens which says i'm not able to accept because another apple id (from pre owner) bought it before. i don't know his id  or password. but there is no possibility to buy it again in the store. it's just to accept but doesn't work...

what can i do   please halp me!

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • Dah•veed Level 7 Level 7
    expertise.macappstore
    Mac App Store

Disclaimer - For me the Apple Support Communities are an international user to user technical support forum. As a man from Mexico my first language is Spanish. I do not speak English, however I do write in English with the aid of the Mac OS X spelling and grammar checks. I also live in a culture very different from that found in most 1st world nations, such as that in the two dominant North American countries. Written language has no tone. When offering advice in the ASC, my comments are not meant to be anything more than helpful and certainly not to be taken as insults.

You will also find the Mac OS X Lion on your new-to-you Mac is tied to the previous owner's Apple ID. The two of you together need to contact Apple Care and request that Mac OS X Lion and the bundled iLife apps be releaed from his Apple ID, so that they can be accepted into your Apple ID.

• jandluxe81 Level 1 Level 1

Hello Dahoveed,

thanks for your help. Is it possible to contact apple care with this via email? The 90 days phone support is over but i can't find any way to contact them on the apple.com 

Sorry maybe i'm too stupid with this but can you help again?

br jandluxe81

• Dah•veed Level 7 Level 7
    expertise.macappstore
    Mac App Store