Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SSD

Hi, i have a problem, i bought today an SSD hard drive, Kingston HyperX 3K 120Gb and the problem is the negotiated velocity speed, is 1,5gigabits, but the negotiated velocity is 3gigabits.

¿what is wrong?

This is an screenshot

User uploaded file

Thanks a lot

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 11:56 AM

There is nothing wrong with your MB or your SSD.

Try doing a PRAM/NVRAM reset and see if that helps you.

Here's the link for it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

@ Nick Simpson - Apple will only void your warranty if you damage your macbook while replacing your RAM and Hard Drive. Which is not the case in this situation.

As an Apple Support Agent you added under your name, you should be aware of this since it's printed on the user guide on 2011 and down Macbooks.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 28, 2012 11:56 AM in response to KaNeXP

There is nothing wrong with your MB or your SSD.

Try doing a PRAM/NVRAM reset and see if that helps you.

Here's the link for it.

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379

@ Nick Simpson - Apple will only void your warranty if you damage your macbook while replacing your RAM and Hard Drive. Which is not the case in this situation.

As an Apple Support Agent you added under your name, you should be aware of this since it's printed on the user guide on 2011 and down Macbooks.

Jun 28, 2012 12:38 PM in response to KaNeXP

I know there is an issue with the Nvidia chipset running SSD. My late 08 Macbook Uni had this problem with the OCZ drive that I bought.

I did everything I could to make it run at 3GB/s with no success.

So what I did was returned the drive and bought a Crucial M4 and now everything is working great.

I hope you can exchange your drive if all else fails.

Try going to the Kingston site and see if they have an updated firmware for your drive.

Jan 16, 2013 3:43 PM in response to KaNeXP

Hola Alvaro

(Were are u from?)

I have a MBP 5,1 early 2008 ...bought today the Kingston HyperX 3k 120 gigas same as yours.

I put the drive in the MBP tryed to install osx with the original disk (tiger). Could not even recognize the SSD.

KANEXP.... How have you done the osx instalation in the HyperX ?

Gracias

SSD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.