Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

differences with iphone 4 to 4s

i have spoken to a few people who have iphone 4s they think there is no real difference between them is this true or is there a major thing i need to know between the two, what are the real differences

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 1:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 1:50 PM

CPU, Camera, Siri, 4G, etc..

full comparison chart right here http://www.apple.com/iphone/compare-iphones/

10 replies

Jun 28, 2012 2:14 PM in response to Papciak84

Papciak84 wrote:

4G? I believe your mistaken on that one. And no, the display of 4G for AT&T devices doesn't mean it's connected to a 4G network. The 4S is not a 4G phone.

Well, it is and it isn't. 4G is what we call an "evolving standard". On AT&T, the iPhone can use the HSPA+ network, which is faster than AT&T's 3G network and which AT&T is calling 4G. However, the iPhone 4S is not a 4G LTE device (like the new iPad), which is the 4G standard that most carriers are moving towards.

Jun 28, 2012 2:19 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

Well, it is and it isn't. 4G is what we call an "evolving standard". On AT&T, the iPhone can use the HSPA+ network, which is faster than AT&T's 3G network and which AT&T is calling 4G. However, the iPhone 4S is not a 4G LTE device (like the new iPad), which is the 4G standard that most carriers are moving towards.

And even LTE is not real 4G from the perspective of engineers, it is marketing 4G. But it is 5-10 times faster than 3G. And, like megapixels, it doesn't tell the whole story. Your effective throughput depends on more than the raw network speed. There's also latency (how long before the data starts appearing on the phone for each packet) and server delay. Cellular latency is easily 10 times cable or fiber latency. So there is less difference to the user between 3G and 4G than the raw speed would imply.

Jun 28, 2012 2:18 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Lawrence Finch wrote:

Meg St._Clair wrote:

And even LTE is not real 4G from the perspective of engineers, it is marketing 4G. But it is 5-10 times faster than 3G.

I never argue with engineers! 😁

differences with iphone 4 to 4s

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.