Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to configure iPhone with e-mail account through 000Webhost?

Hi,

I am new to 000Webhost, and don't really know a lot about this kind of stuff. How do I set up my iPhone to work with the e-mail address I set up through 000Webhost?

All I can find on the 000webhost site regarding the issue is the following:

-------------------------------------

To configure email client such as Outlook Express you need these details:

* Type of incoming mail server: POP3 or IMAP

* Incoming mail (POP3 / IMAP) server: mx.000webhost.com

* Outgoing (SMTP) server: you need to use your ISP (Internet Service Provider) SMTP server. Call your ISP to know your SMTP (mail sending) server. In case you are unable to get SMTP server, you can use WebMail for email sending.

* Username / Email:

jrandall@musichound.web44.net

* Password: ..........

If you are unable to configure your email client, you can always use our WebMail system.

-------------------------------------

On the iPhone I am required to list the following under the INCOMING MAIL SERVER section:

HOST NAME:

(According to what I copied and pasted above, it seems that mx.000webhost.com is what should be placed in this space. But I can't get it to work for me, and it does not look like the "mail.example.com" that is usually used for other e-mail servers)

USER NAME:

(I guess this is either my e-mail address or the user name I have for this account?)

PASSWORD:

(I assume this is either my 000Webhost password or e-mail password?)

For OUTGOING MAIL SERVER I am required to add the following:

HOST NAME

(usually looks like smtp.example.com - Since I have Comcast as my it would look like smtp.comcast.net)

USER NAME optional

PASSWORDptional

So, the information provided by 000webhost for setting up mail is not clear to me. What do I place in the above fields?

Please help,

TheBassetfreak

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, free 000webhost account

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 2:16 PM

4 replies

Jun 28, 2012 2:37 PM in response to TheBassetfreak

* Outgoing (SMTP) server: you need to use your ISP (Internet Service Provider) SMTP server. Call your ISP to know your SMTP (mail sending) server. In case you are unable to get SMTP server, you can use WebMail for email sending.

For OUTGOING MAIL SERVER I am required to add the following:

HOST NAME

(usually looks like smtp.example.com - Since I have Comcast as my it would look like smtp.comcast.net)

USER NAME optional

PASSWORDptional

Since you use comcast, you have comcast e-mail. You need to ask them what the correct settings are to set up your comcast e-mail account on a mobile device and plug in the same information for the outgoing (SMTP) server for the account you're trying to set up.

Warning: I'll predict now that a lot of your e-mail will get filtered as spam on the receiving end because the domain name in your email address is NOT going to match the domain name of the server it's originating from.

You might want to look into a mail service provider that actually provides their own outgoing mail servers.

Apr 5, 2014 5:02 PM in response to TheBassetfreak

000Webhost will only provide you with incoming mail server you have to use s different outgoing mail server for your email account which has been hosted on their server.Using different outgoing mail server means you are gonna use a different email ID such as yahoo or gmail for sending email...To know more and read a detailed information on this you can go to http://bookingtohosting.blogspot.in/2014/03/how-to-configure-your-business-e-mai l.html

Apr 17, 2014 6:03 AM in response to TheBassetfreak

If you are worried about the outgoing mail server of 000webhost.com, here is a good new for you, You can host your Email account on google, Which means you can login to your business email from Gmail and avail the great features of Gmail, Google talk, Calender, Google drive and Hangouts and thats all with yourname@yourcompanyname.com email ID and the incoming and outgoing mail server will be the one you use for Gmail.For a detailed information on how to set this up you can visit this web page http://bookingtohosting.blogspot.in/2014/04/hostyourbusinessemailwithgoogle.html

How to configure iPhone with e-mail account through 000Webhost?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.