Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is iTunes Match down for others? Not responding...

iTunes Match keeps telling me "there was a network connecton problem, please try again later..."

Is anyone else having problems accessing it? Lord I wish I could send Apple a bill for all my lost productivity futzing around with the beta bugging software.

WWSJD?

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 2:03 PM

178 replies

Jun 28, 2012 2:30 PM in response to Stephen Banks

Yes, I'm having this problem too. I thought it was just me. It was work okay last night. By okay, I mean I had a few troubles, but it went through. And then the songs that I downloaded weren't fully finished. ti was missing half the song. so I think somethings wrong. For the most part right now, it just stops on the end of the finding matches.

UPADTE: Finally finished matching one of my songs after 30 - 40 min or so.

Jun 30, 2012 9:36 PM in response to Stephen Banks

I wasn't having any issues two days ago (on June 28). But now and for the past five hours, I've been getting the 4010 error. I've tried restarting iTunes and my computer; I've tried shutting off iTunes Match and restarting. But the error keeps popping up.

The odd thing is that it was working fine and then suddenly stopped. I successfully matched about half a dozen songs, and then the error message kicked in. Even more odd is that the songs that were originally matched (and clearly made it into the Cloud as they show up on my iPhone) now have a "waiting" status in iTunes on my laptop.

Has anyone found a fix? Or am I just supposed to wait it out?...

Jun 30, 2012 10:00 PM in response to newok

There may well be an issue of some sort at Apple's end: when I tried to use my Apple Store iPhone app to make a Genius Bar appointment, I got an error message saying the app couldn't make contact. My first attempt using my computer also failed; on my second attempt, I was able to get through and make one.

Meantime, I've lost access (but only on my computer; not on my phone) to all iTunes music that is stored only in the Cloud but not locally on my computer. Frustrating (though I'm sure glad it's not just me!)

Jun 30, 2012 10:55 PM in response to Stephen Banks

I'm having the same problem. I just bought the match service Friday; iTunes matched about 2/3 of my 5k song library, then started giving me 4010 errors whenever it tried uploading anything. (But only after about 30 minutes.) Sometimes it would upload 1 or 2 songs before failing. I've rebooted numerous times restarted services, eventually even removed and reinstalled iTunes. Now I don't even even have the 2/3 of the songs that were matched, and it can't even get past step 1. I'm finding it all pretty annoying, to put it mildly. If Apple has server overload issues, these didn't extend to their store being able to bill me the $24.95. Their software does not handle these issues gracefully, either. Looking at threads, this problem has existed since launch, so you'd think they could have come with some sort of official guidance about this. I'm afraid that I've also lost the 8 hours I spent when it WAS working.

Is iTunes Match down for others? Not responding...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.