Related Article: About AirPrint

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I presently am using Lion OS but cannot get my HP 3054a printer to work, can any one help?

Can anyone help make my computer talk to my new printer?

HP 3054a inkjet printer-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.4), HP injet printer 1054a

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 2:48 PM

2 replies

Oct 16, 2012 10:45 AM in response to Jedaro43

Half of the people who bought the HP 3054A experienced product failure within the first few days of use, and both Amazon.com & Apple Stores no longer sell this lemon. I'll be throwing my unit in the garbage next week, and I'll never buy another HP printer/scanner. Of the (at least) 7 HP printer/scanners that I've owned in the past 5 years, 2 of them failed within the first five days.

Take a look at product reviews on amazon.com for the HP 3054A. Half of the consumers got lemon units. Don't bother trying to contact HP through their website. After you enter your model number & serial number, the HP website pretends that they've never heard of the model. It's no surprise that HP wants to disown the HP 3054A.

Many people who bought the HP 3054A bought it at an Apple store with Apple offering an instant rebate(lowering the price to $99 or less). Even if you got it for free, the HP 3054A provides only grief. Apple stores were heavily pressuring consumers(who bought a new computer) to buy the HP 3054A.

Hewlett-Packard's contempt for the consumer is a disgrace. The company's short-sighted executives fail to understand, that every time one of these printer/scanners fail, that Hewlett-Packard loses a customer for ink cartridges, but HP hires some overseas OEM factory to build this shoddy, plastic piece of junk.

I think that Apple Stores share part of the blame too.

I got my HP 3054A in January 2012, and I printed for 3 days, using the small ink cartridges that came with the unit. I then put the 3054A aside to continue using my older HP printer/scanner (C4480) because the printing and scanning quality of the older model was superior. When the C4480 failed after more than two and a half years, I then bought a set of XL ink cartridges, so I could start using the 3054A. The unit failed after printing 12 pages. I got phony messages about some(non-existent) paper jam, but even after following HP's troubleshooting hints, and confirming that there was no paper jam, and then resetting the 3054A, I was able to print one more page before the unit failed again.

I understand that HP is having serious financial problems. HP's contempt for the consumer created bad karma, and it is coming back to them.

Oct 16, 2012 11:19 AM in response to Jedaro43

Return that piece of junk and get a Brother printer or mulifunction device.

I recommend one with AirPrint for future compatibility:

http://www.brother-usa.com/PressReleases/AirPrint%20Press%20Release%201%2017%201 2_FINAL.pdf

http://www.brother-usa.com/PressReleases/AirPrint_MonoLaser_PressRelease_FINAL.p df

Forget HP. They are following the same well-worn path that led Kodak to its demise.

I presently am using Lion OS but cannot get my HP 3054a printer to work, can any one help?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.