Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes asks for authorization from multiple accounts, then says the computer is already authorized.

Since I transferred my iTunes library form my old dell to my Macbook, there have always been a few tracks (around 16 in 1000+) that have a problem where when I attempt to play them, they ask for authorization. It starts out asking for authorization from id #1, after I authorize that one, it prompts me saying "this computer has already been authorized", and that I have 3 out of 5 computers authorized. After I've clicked ok, it either repeats the same process, and asks for authorization again, or it decides to ask me for authorization from Apple id #2, an id completely unrelated to the purchases. After authorizing id #2, it gives me the same prompt as before, saying my ‘book was already authorized. I've tried resetting both of the passwords, deleting the tracks and getting them from a different computer and completely un-authorizing and reauthorizing the computer. I've been having this problem for around 4 months, however most of my music works just fine, and the songs will still play on my other computers. I can’t tell if this is just a pc -> mac problem, or vise versa because my ‘book is the only mac I have.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 4:30 PM

There are no replies.

iTunes asks for authorization from multiple accounts, then says the computer is already authorized.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.