Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipad is out of storage, can I watch videos from icloud?

Okay, I have an iPad 2 with the least amount of storage. I don't remember how much. I never expected to get videos on it, but I'm loving having videos for my kids and I would like my favorite miniseries to be on there (I already bought it byut it won't fit) Pride & Prejudice A&E version. Anyway, there's so little room I can't even buy a new app. I thought I remembered people saying there were apps or a way that you could stream your movies from The Cloud. Can I? Can I upgrade to more storage by just paying the difference? What are my options?

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 7:43 PM

3 replies

Jun 28, 2012 7:48 PM in response to IonaEve

iCloud storage and storage on iPad are completely different, so the simple answer is no, you can't buy more cloud storage to watch movies. iCloud storage is for backups. The only way you can have more room on your iPad is to delete material from your iPad. You take apps off you don't use. You can unsync music and pictures via iTunes sync on your computer. But you must delete, to make more room.

Jan 6, 2013 10:42 AM in response to IonaEve

IonaEve,

I had the same problem with all my kids TV Shows. And the above answer from rbrylawski is correct. But we also found another solution that works pretty good for us and can even watch our non-purchased movies as well. We purchased a small separate device called the Kingston Wi-Drive, which is basically a wireless portable hard drive. They come in 16, 32, and 64Gb. You can find them on eBay for a low price in some cases.

Jan 6, 2013 11:11 AM in response to IonaEve

I would suggest keeping the entire series on your computer and syncing only a few episodes at a time over to conserve space.

You can also use an app like Air Video to stream video files from your computer to your iPad wirelessly, even when you are away from your home. The one limitation is that the app cannot stream any encrypted videos, such as those purchased from the iTunes Store.

My ipad is out of storage, can I watch videos from icloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.