Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

should we use same apple id for ipad and iphone

i had bought a ipad, should i use the same Apple ID as per my iphone? or create a new one. if i use the same ID, howabout my i cloud storage will be remain 5GB or 10GB

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 8:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 12:22 AM

Yes. If there are things you don't want synced you can fix that through 'settings'.

Incidentally, there are lots of useful comments in the 'More like this' legend to the right of your original post. Very useful source of info, Grace.

Hope that helps.

8 replies

Jun 29, 2012 6:06 AM in response to Skydiver119

One possible use for separate Apple IDs is to have a separate ID associated with a particular device. This could be important with iMessage or Facetime, because if you associate all your devices with one ID, you will receive iMessages or Facetime calls on all your devices simultaneously. If you only want to do iMessage on your iPhone, for example, people could use the Apple ID associated with your iPhone, and the messages would not show up on your iPad. Obviously, this could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you like to work.

For me, I have a single Apple ID, mainly because it is easier to keep track of my purchases and downloads. I also prefer to receive messages and facetime calls on all my devices, so I can choose which one to respond from.

should we use same apple id for ipad and iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.