Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi Dropping Even After Clean Lion Install

Hey guys,

I upgraded to Lion after its release and ever since then my wifi has been driving me CRAZY. The wifi disconnects, and when I click on my network I get the error that the connection timed out. I'm always forced to turn the wifi off and then back on.

It happened a TON, and consistently. It's extremely frustrating especially when I'm in the middle of a movie on my Apple TV and my iMac loses its internet and interupts the show. Sometimes it happens three or more times during one show.

So I decided to do a clean install of Lion. I made sure all my important documents were on my Hard Drive and even wrote a list out of every application that I use regularly. Then I completely reformated my hard drive and did a clean install of Lion.

But the issue is still happening. Still happening! I don't know what to do! Every computer in the house connects just fine and stays connected.

I'm tried changing my MTU in the hardware tab of the Advanced network settings to 1280 because some people reported that helped but it still doesn't help.

Please. I'm at a loss. The issue makes my iMac unusable and frustrating.

😟

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 28, 2012 9:01 PM

3 replies

Jul 2, 2012 2:56 PM in response to bryanlanning

I would try rebooting while holding down the Command - R keys to get into the Recovery Partition. There, run Disk Repair and then run Repair Permissions twice. If that doesn't completely resolve it the the next step is to reset the PRAM, by rebooting while holding down the Command-Option-P-R keys. These may be the problem solvers you need.

Hope this helps 🙂

Wifi Dropping Even After Clean Lion Install

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.