Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is a weather forecast appearing in iCal?

About two weeks ago a daily weather forecast started appearing as an all-day event in iCal but I don't know why. I use Fantastical on my MBA and Agenda on my iPhone and iPad with all three synching between each other. I also sync my devices' calendars with Outlook Exchange on my work Windows PC but the weather forecast isn't appearing there (and I don't want it to so that's fine). Does anyone have any idea how can I find out where this weather update is coming from and which app is responsible? Opening the event on iCal or the other apps doesn't give me any clues. Many thanks.

MacBook Air (13-inch Late 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 2:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 2:41 AM

It is definitely a third-party application or plug-in. I suggest you look through the preferences of "Fantastical" or any other applications that have access and permission to use iCal.

Others have reported that AccuWeather would put weather in their iCal in previous threads.

3 replies

Why is a weather forecast appearing in iCal?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.