Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it common to experience loss of resolution when burning a dproject to a disc?

Is it common to experience noticable loss of resolution when using iDVD to burn a disk of slideshows?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 4:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 4:55 AM

Hi

DVD is as standard (whatever program used) only - interlaced SD-Video (as on old CRT-TVs)

Using iMovie'08 to 11 - makes this even worser - as non of them can deliver this to iDVD in any way known to me.

• I use iMovie HD6 or FinalCut as they deliver 100% over to iDVD

Using the function "Share to iDVD" - any version of iMovie - also are more or less destructive to the final DVD

• iMovie'08 to 11 - Share to Media Browser - and as - LARGE (Not HD or other resolution - as this too degrader the final DVD)

• iMovie HD6 - Just close it and from within iDVD import the iMovie project icon (with a Star on it)

• FinalCut E & P - Export as QT.mov - NO QuickTime Conversion ! ! - and not selfcontained (not important)

• FinalCut Pro-X - I don't know

Yours Bengt W

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2012 4:55 AM in response to cottond

Hi

DVD is as standard (whatever program used) only - interlaced SD-Video (as on old CRT-TVs)

Using iMovie'08 to 11 - makes this even worser - as non of them can deliver this to iDVD in any way known to me.

• I use iMovie HD6 or FinalCut as they deliver 100% over to iDVD

Using the function "Share to iDVD" - any version of iMovie - also are more or less destructive to the final DVD

• iMovie'08 to 11 - Share to Media Browser - and as - LARGE (Not HD or other resolution - as this too degrader the final DVD)

• iMovie HD6 - Just close it and from within iDVD import the iMovie project icon (with a Star on it)

• FinalCut E & P - Export as QT.mov - NO QuickTime Conversion ! ! - and not selfcontained (not important)

• FinalCut Pro-X - I don't know

Yours Bengt W

Is it common to experience loss of resolution when burning a dproject to a disc?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.