Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How does iTunes decide what is hot, and the top podcasts?

I was recently looking on my provider that hosts my podcast and found that several of the podcasts that have actually been downloaded less times then mine are listed on the iTunes, What's Hot and Top Podcast lists. My question is what is the process for itunes to determine what is hot and the top podcasts. Just wondering as I want my podcast to get the credit it is due...

Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 5:25 AM

1 reply

Jun 29, 2012 7:01 AM in response to RobAlex

The Top 100 and 200 lists you see in iTunes - are NOT repeat NOT based on the number of subscriptions all time - but rather on the number of new subscriptions in iTunes for a show for the past week with a weighted average giving more weight to the last 24 and 48 hours.

Apple does it this way so as to keep the list constantly changing. Otherwise the top 200 list would have the same basic shows in it all the time.

Anything you see featured on the front page of iTunes - New and Noteable and the top shows - those are selected by Apple employees - there is NO pay for placement in iTunes at all. They pick shows they think will be of interest to people and have good looking artwork.

Regards,

Rob W

podCast411

How does iTunes decide what is hot, and the top podcasts?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.