Skip navigation

Applescript Microsoft 2011 PowerPoint: Want to Cover the WHOLE slide with a Movie

662 Views 0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 6:03 AM by torrone52 RSS
torrone52 Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 29, 2012 6:03 AM

Hello,

Is a way when importing a movie file into a Microsoft PowerPoint 2011 presentation using Applescript,

to have the movie cover the WHOLE slide?

This is the code I am fiddling with, trying  to do that.

I have the width value correct because the width of the slide is filled in with th move/picture.

I playing with different values of the height value, and having no success. Every value I try

for the height doesn't cover the bottom portion of the slide.

script copy_video_step

tell application "/Applications/Microsoft Office 2011/Microsoft PowerPoint.app"

activate

open file_to_import

set active presentation to file_to_import

tell active presentation

set movieslide1 to make new slide at end with properties {layout:slide layout blank}

tell movieslide1

set theDynamicslide1 to make new media2 object at the end with properties ¬

{file name:movie_to_import, link to file:true, top:0.0, left position:0.0, height:700.0, width:720.0, save with document:true, shape:media type movie, lock aspect ratio:false}

-- I commented OUT the following lines, they didn't help me.             

--holdtell theDynamicslide1

--holdscale height factor 0.7 scale scale from top left with relative to original size

--holdscale width factor 0.55 scale scale from top left with relative to original size

--holdend tell

set follow master background to false

set fore color of fill format of background to {0, 0, 0}

end tell

end tell

end tell

end script

Thank you,

Vinnie

Applescript, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.