Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I transer Mobile Me?

I have gone into the photostream option in preferences where it prompts me to transfer Mobile Me before it will allow me to turn on photostream. It logs me on and I also log onto iCloud. I already have an account and username, but nothing happens and preferences still won't let me turn on my photostream. I click the button that says transfer Mobile Me, but it doesn't do anything but take me to a screen that says "locate your iPhone". What else do I need to do? Very frustrating...

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 7:38 AM

2 replies

May 29, 2015 2:59 PM in response to RMAC2012

There is no MobileMe - it closed three years ago. As you apparently have OSX 10.7.4 you have the MobileMe Preference Pane in System Preferences, and I assume from what is going on that you had a MobileMe account and are still signed into it. If possible, you should open the pane and sign out - before doing so go to the Sync pane and turn off all syncing.

You may find you can't do this as the service no longer exists. In this case go to (User)/Library/Preferences/ByHost and delete all .plist files beginning with com.apple.DotMacSync, and also any beginning com.apple.idisk, then reboot. (Note that Apple have hidden the user’s Library folder to casual viewers, in an attempt to stop new Mac users messing their machines up. To access it, in the Finder hold down the Option (Alt) key while clicking on the ‘Go’ menu; the Library folder will appear as a choice.)

You should also download and apply the updater to 10.7.5 - OS X Lion Update 10.7.5 (Client Combo)

All this has nothing to do with Account Security.

How do I transer Mobile Me?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.