4 Replies Latest reply: Jun 29, 2012 8:36 AM by greg1424
greg1424 Level 1 Level 1

I have 2 iPhoto libraries.

One contains the iPhone library on the main iMAC HD computer, Library #1 and #2 on an external HD that is hooked up to the iMAC.

If I inadvertently leave the iPhoto in library # 2, without opening it, the iPhone automatically erasing all the photos.

I then have to OPEN iPhoto with library #1 and reload all the photos.

I have the exact same setup for iTunes and it does not happen if I leave the iTunes in library #2, open or closed.

What am I doing wrong or is iPhoto different for the iPhone to read ?

Thanks,

Greg

Mac OS X (10.7.1)
  • Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.ilife
    iLife

You mean the Photos on the Phone are deleted? That's because you've set the Phone to sync automatically - and it tries to sync with Library2, finds nothing and so thinks you want nothing on the phone.

Why have two Libraries?

• greg1424 Level 1 Level 1

I have over 10,000 photos.

I keep about 3000 on the main computer and the rest on a B/U HD.

I did not think that was unusual .

I have the exact same set up for my iTunes and it does not remove the tunes if I leave it in library #2.

I have only the boxes check off in both iTunes and iPhoto that I want to sync with the iPhone.

Greg

• Terence Devlin Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.ilife
    iLife

I have an iMac with a 40k library. They're all on the Internal Drive. But that could as easily be on an external. By then end of this year it probably will have to be.

The iTunes Library (25k items) is on an external.

They sync with 2 iPhones, and iPad and iPod Touch.

I can see the point of having two libraries if you are using a Laptop, but as the desktop never moves...

Anyway, For more I'd ask on the iTunes or iPhone forums as they control the syncing rather than iPhoto.

Regards

TD

• greg1424 Level 1 Level 1

I shoot in Raw and transferred 1000's of photos from slides and negatives via a pro scanner and as a result the files are large and take up a lot of space and perhaps would even slow down the computer.

Thanks for the advice, I will post there