Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Double Login, and blank screen

When I log into my mac after it has been asleep for a while the screen will be black. As I move the mouse it starts to reveal the screen whereever my mouse is. I can find my name, enter my password and then I can see the whole screen. But then it sends me to a second login screen where I don't have the option of selecting other users.

(I have also set my computer to not sleep, so perhaps it is the screen turning off which causes this double login, not sleep mode...)

Why is this happening? It was doing that on my macbook, but then I migrated my info using the migration asistant to a new iMac and the problem persists.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

Apple Macbook - Unibody, Mac OS X (10.6.2), Also Windows 7 32bit installed via bootcamp

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 8:47 AM

For anyone who cares, I think the problem is that in security control panel there is a setting to lock the computer after a time period. When you select this and a password to wake from sleep/screen saver, you end up having to log in twice. Once into the computer, the other into your account.

Why the screen was black, I don't know.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 27, 2012 8:47 AM in response to SnakeDog

For anyone who cares, I think the problem is that in security control panel there is a setting to lock the computer after a time period. When you select this and a password to wake from sleep/screen saver, you end up having to log in twice. Once into the computer, the other into your account.

Why the screen was black, I don't know.

Double Login, and blank screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.