Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPv6 autoconfig doesn't work

Hi,

found today that 10.7.4-OS X doesn't handle IPv6-autoconfiguration.

At tcpdump I see the "Router Advertisments" but the configd can't answer with "Router Solicitation":

Jun 29 16:37:51 tksmac configd[16]: RTADV en1: send Router Solicitation: failed, Operation not permitted

Any ideas?? All other devices in the same network works fine with IPv6 (autoconfig).

Cheers

Christian

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 9:30 AM

12 replies

Dec 27, 2012 4:35 PM in response to Derek Ivey

Derek Ivey wrote:

Did you ever figure this out? I'm on OS X 10.8.2 and am having this issue too. I am seeing the exact same error and I don't have any anti-virus/security software installed.

Unless you are at a point where you need to use IPv6, most users have found they are better off disabling it. If you need it then you should work with your ISP to see if and how they have implemented it.

Jun 9, 2013 3:31 PM in response to TksHamburg

Finally figured out my issue yesterday. I have the Check Point Endpoint Security VPN client installed and it was blocking IPv6 traffic (specifically ICMPv6 Neighbor Advertisements). I have not figured out why the Check Point VPN client is blocking this traffic. It should not be doing this when I am disconnected from the VPN. I removed the VPN client for now.

IPv6 autoconfig doesn't work

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.