Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture Library Problem

I have two Aperture libraries that I have been using for a while. I am unable to switch to the second library and get the following message. "Aperture cannot switch to the selected library because the file system of the library's volume is not supported" I am guessing it has something to do with the recent update, any thoughts or solutions?

Thanks

M-

Aperture 3, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 9:59 AM

5 replies

Jul 1, 2012 5:44 AM in response to mcourts

file system of the library's volume is not supported

But what is the type of the file system on your external raid?

What does Disk Utility show? (Disk Utility is located in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder)

Select your drive in the left column of the window and click the "First Aid" tab. The file system will be displayed at the bottom of the window.

User uploaded file

Jul 4, 2012 7:28 AM in response to léonie

LeonieDF

Thank you for trying to help, the RAID does not show up in the disk utility screen. See below, for a shot of the drive in finder. When I set up the Synology drive, I did so from this imac and would have used a mac format since this is the only computer that the drive has ever been used with. The Aperture library worked well for months, and recently stopped working and I now get the message below.

I do not know if the recent Aperture undate is to blame and if so how to get it fixed.

Thanks again.

Malon

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Jul 4, 2012 7:49 AM in response to mcourts

So your Aperture Library is on a shared network volume? Then you have been lucky, if it worked before. The Aperture Library should reside on a locally connected volume - it is not guaranteed that network access will work, sorry. As I pointed out before, this is what Apple recommends:

Aperture: Use locally mounted Mac OS X Extended volumes for your Aperture library: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3252

Aperture Library Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.