Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Playlists for Podcasts app

Anyone else like to create playlists for podcasts? I create video podcast playlists for the gym consisting of multiple, different podcast feeds, but I don't see a way to do that with the new app. I know Apple was rather against us using those on the iPad, tho at least the iPhones music app still allows it. I was hoping the new app would solve that issue.

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 11:41 AM

2 replies

Jul 1, 2012 10:48 AM in response to Tara Cravens

I was frustrated by lack of playlists in the new app until I realised that when you download a podcast through the app it automatically becomes part of your library. So you can create a smart playlist for e.g in iTunes and it will see the podcasts in the app as well.

The only problem I've found so far is there doesn't seem to be any syncing of play back position or updating of the played flag between the two so you can be half way through a podcast in the Music app but if you go to play it in the Podcasts app it will start at the beginning.

I'd also like the option to double click the remote to skip forward 30 secs but on the whole pleased with the app as it now allows me to use Siri to start playing a podcast when in the car.

Hope that helps,

Paul

Playlists for Podcasts app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.