Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

icloud date changed to end of July?

I spoke to an apple tech today as I was getting ready to move from mobileme to iCloud. He told me apple has moved the final date to the end of July. Anyone else hear this?

thanks,

Joe

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 2008 imac with 4GB ram

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 12:23 PM

5 replies

Jun 30, 2012 2:58 AM in response to jazzhand

Thanks all who replied. I was able to sign in to my mobile me account today, even though I got that weird page at first. I did migrate everything succesfully though. I have triple backed up everything. I signed up with macmate the other day, which seems to be a good replacement for mobileme and idisk. A little tricky getting it set up at first, you have to FTP your files from your mobile documents. Actually there is one step before that. You have to download your document folder (and any other folder you wish to move) to your mac, then FTP them to macmate. I am very happy with it so far.

thanks all,

Joe

Jun 30, 2012 9:35 AM in response to jazzhand

So, after thinking that I could not save documents to iCloud the way I did with mobileme/ idisk, I see that I can save them there! As soon as I opened a pages document it asked me if I wanted to save my documents to icloud. Strange, because I asked about saving documents to iCloud at the genius bar the other day and was told that you couldn't do this. So, not so genius...

Joe

icloud date changed to end of July?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.