Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video Is Here...

My video will sync with my ipad but not with my iphone. When trying to sync the video with my iphone I received the message: "...was not copied to the iphone 'Taffy's iphone' becasue it could not be found." I see the video and it's checked. If this has been answered some please else please direct me to the forum.

Thanks Tina16

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 12:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 12:11 PM

What happens when you try to play the video file in iTunes?

tt2

6 replies

Jun 29, 2012 12:23 PM in response to turingtest2

What happened is iTunes was unable to locate the file, thus it was unable to sync it with my phone. I located it and it plays in iTunes. I'm waiting for it to finish syncing to my phone..it synced just fine. Question: I added videos but often iTunes notes it can't find the videos. They've never been moved. Why is that?

Jun 29, 2012 12:40 PM in response to Tina16

If the files are located on an external drive or network share that isn't "ready" when iTunes fires up it can sometimes think that the files are unavailable. Otherwise anything moved around by hand or a third party app can leave iTunes confused, even if you know where the files are. If you had to manually locate the file then it was "missing" as far as iTunes was concerned.

tt2

Jun 29, 2012 1:01 PM in response to Tina16

Highlight a "missing" file and press ctrl-i to Get Info. Say no/cancel when asked to locate the file, then look at the location given on the summary tab. Where is that file really? Perhaps the files need to be slid back into place, or there is a configuration problem with iTunes, or sometimes (drive offline when iTunes started) you just need to close it down and reopen.

tt2

Video Is Here...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.