Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iCloud store only purchased music?

I have both purchased and downloaded from cd music on my iPad and iPod. I am unable to sync either with my pc as it says the content will be replaced with purchased items. Whilst I can load this stuff again ther are two purchased items, a film which oesn't show T all and video clip shows but says ineligible at the side of it. Why is it not showing all purchased items and also the other items or can it not do that and if not what is the point to it. Can anyone help me sort?

iPad, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 1:53 PM

5 replies

Jun 29, 2012 2:32 PM in response to maryfrombrighton

iTunes in the Cloud only stores purchased music; if you want your uploaded music to be available in the Cloud as well, then you may want to consider subscribing to iTunes Match. It's a yearly subscription for $24.99 and it can store up to 25,000 songs. It also upgrades your music to 256-kbps DRM-free AAC. Sounds a whole lot better than standard MP3.

Apple - iTunes - Match

http://www.apple.com/itunes/itunes-match/

Why does iCloud store only purchased music?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.