Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4 - Stuck in Searching... at Status bar

Just updated my Iphone 4 to 5.1.1 everything was going smooth and then all sudden at the activation screen, my iphone keeps saying it is "Searching..." I placed my sim card in the slot and still says "Searching..." took out my sim card still says "Searching...." Restored multiple times, Resetted the Phone multiple times and still "Searching..."

Can anyone help me? Is this a hardware problem? It was working perfectly fine when I was on IOS 4.1.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 1:10 PM

10 replies

Mar 9, 2014 11:29 PM in response to chrishem7

This Is Common Issue of iphone , Try This

1. Try To Downgrade The Ipsw with RedSnow 0.9.15b3 Version With Stiching The SHSH Blobs Saved In Your iphone ..

2. After Downgrading ipsw of Your Iphone 4 , Try The default steps for actvating the iphone , If its says Connect To to The Itunes then Do The 3rd step.

3. Open The RedSnow with Administrator Privileges and Jailbreak With The Current Ipsw , check the activate column and wait for jailbreak process to complete ..Your Iphone is surely pass the " connect to the itunes " screen and will be activated ..

2. Check Weather The network status is " Searching " or Not .. If It is " Searching " Then Try The Next Few Steps

1. Check The date and time of the iphone and correct it in the SETTINGS Menu . it will solve the problem in most cases ..

2. Try to reset the network setting

3. Try to Toggle the flight mode On/ of Foe few Times ...

4. Enjoy Your Iphone !!!

Iphone 4 - Stuck in Searching... at Status bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.