Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to access icloud from outside computer

I want to access my icloud mail from devices NOT my own such as work computer, travel in hotel, other persons computer. I keep getting this message that tells me to LEARN more and gives all sorts of DOWNLOADING instructions to that computer. ENDLESS loop. I am not downloading or configuring a public or work computer nor is it my device. I JUST WANT TO ACCESS MY EMAIL REMOTELY LIKE I DID FOR YEARS ON MAC.MAIL AND CAN DO FROM ANYWHERE ANYTIME WITH OTHER WEB MAILS. THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING.

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 2:45 PM

14 replies

Jun 29, 2012 3:03 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

same answer for the endless loop, takes me to my log in and password and then forever sends me to the Learn More to download. I do not want to download the application on OTHER computers and want to access from the outside. I have been asking this question and searching for a not the same endless loop to Learn More since I switched over to icloud. Example - hotel computer to check my mail. Go to internet and then to icloud to get my mail, I get instructions to download for the computer and configure icloud. Can't do that on outside computers. This is not such a hard question but seems to be a hard answer. How can I access icloud email from anywhere, anytime, on any computer?

Jun 29, 2012 4:41 PM in response to Lanny

I know that icloud is an application and yes I have migrated my email to icloud. Everyone is telling me the same thing, that I should see the mail and the log in page. I see the icloud options and the log in that gives me the Learn More page (endlessly) BUT what happens for months is when I go to log in, I get the message Learn More to set up my devices and download. This is the issue, so please don't tell me that icloud is an application and no need to download. I can't get past this message to Learn More = dowload and set up your devices. I am not downloading any application to outside computers so I can use a web site. There is no communication from Apple of how to do this which seems like such a basic question.

Doesn't anyone have an answer that makes sense to just access icloud from any computer any where and anytime without loading an application???

Jun 29, 2012 5:16 PM in response to Lanny

I know that icloud is not an application. Geez. Yes I have migrated to icloud several months ago and cannot access me email except on MY mac. Only get the log in page, log in correctly with user name and apple ID and get the message of Learn More= dowload for your device. I use my mac most of the time but do need to access a website (yes, I get it) from the outside. I am not getting help from this conversation.

Jun 29, 2012 5:43 PM in response to NC woman

I was just only quoting what you had just said, "I know that icloud is an application..."

And, why do you state, "Only get the log in page, log in correctly with user name and apple ID?"

It's not, "user name" and "Apple ID," it's your "Apple ID" and your Apple ID's "password."

It's hard to help you when you keep making imprecise and conflicting statements.

Jul 18, 2012 6:36 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thank you Roger Wilmut. That's what I needed to know. http:/icloud.com. I've just tried it on my mac - and it works (I'm still operating the 10.6.8 version). I've never used a public computer to access my mail in the past. I'm off travelling shortly, and with no "mobile" devices I didn't know how I'd get my mail (please don't say buy a mobile device - all in good time). Appreciate your help. Hope NC Woman's sorted now too.

Mar 28, 2013 7:32 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Thanks Roger, Today I signed up to the apple support communities specifically so I could thank you. And to publically complain about what Apple did and did not do when then terminated "mobile me" in June 2012. My short story.... prior to June 2012 I had access to my personal MAC G4 computer, a family member's old IPAD and my work PC. I tired to migrate to I-Cloud but that was not possible without buying a new home computer. So next best option would be to use a browser on either my G4, or the IPAD or the PC at work to access this new "icloud" server, or whatever it is. I've been a mac user since the very first macs came to the market so I'm not a novice. I spent many hours googling and searching Mac support to find out how to access my email after they turned off mobile me. I did not find a way, so I recently bought a mac mini to hopefully get all my new and historical email back and working again. Yes, I did get back on email again using the mac mini I had to buy, so apple did OK there.

But I find it negelent, perhaps deceptive, that Apple did not provide simple instructions like you did to the mobile me users that Apple effectively kicked off their email service, which I paid for, for many years. That's very much like stealing in my opinion....Apple couldn't send me an email to the Icloud link like you provided, with instruction on how to get to my email? Rather they kept insisting that I migrate to icloud, and insisting that I had to meet computer operating system requirements that my old G4 could not meet. In my opinion they were not honest. They effectively created the preception that anyone using an older mac had to buy a new one and I think they knew what they were doing. I heard someone say that ethics cannot be taught, I agree. Thanks again Roger, I can now access my Mac Mail from alternative locations.

how to access icloud from outside computer

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.