Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Mail Version 4.5 (1084) on my computer ok after june 30?

Is Mail Version 4.5 (1084) ok after june 30? A few weeks ago, the tech at Genius Bar put this version of mail back on my dock because iCloud email was not working conveniently and was not showing the contacts. I can access mail on my computer without having to log in to iCloud on the internet. How can I tell if it will work after June 30? I can only run 10.6.8 on my MacBook Pro.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Early 2008

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 10:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 29, 2012 11:17 PM

if you have any email accounts other than your @me.com one these will be completely unaffected.

Your MobileMe account must be migrated to iCloud if you have not already done this. If you haven't you must do it now at htrtp://me.com/move

If you have migrated, using the second, 'email only', option, your account will not be migrated until tomorrow.

Once migrated, you will need to set Mail up manually with iCloud's server settings:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 29, 2012 11:17 PM in response to Gab

if you have any email accounts other than your @me.com one these will be completely unaffected.

Your MobileMe account must be migrated to iCloud if you have not already done this. If you haven't you must do it now at htrtp://me.com/move

If you have migrated, using the second, 'email only', option, your account will not be migrated until tomorrow.

Once migrated, you will need to set Mail up manually with iCloud's server settings:

Entering iCloud email settings manually in Snow Leopard or Leopard

Jun 30, 2012 12:23 AM in response to Gab

1. Both your @mac.com and @me.com addresses will be maintained.

2/3. As you have set up iCloud already the 'email only' option is no longer relevant

4. If you don't have the Mail icon in the Dock simply drag the application to the left-hand side of the Dock.

You will need to set mail up for iCloud according to the instructions I linked to above.

Jun 30, 2012 12:50 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

1. I followed all the steps you listed, and it worked fine. I closed and re-opened Mail, and accessed it.
  2. However, because I was afraid to delete the MobileMe account, I created a second one and deleted the first, effectively not deleting the MobileMe account.(I guess I'll delete it when I know this works). So I have an iCloud account and still a MobileMe account. So, perhaps what I'm seeing on my desktop may be the MobileMe and not the iCloud?
  3. By the way, in Accounts, the drop down box says "iCloud (offline)", whereas yours says "iCloud".User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Jun 30, 2012 11:08 AM in response to Roger Wilmut1

I tried it twice, and it is still showing iCloud offline. Some of the window processes are not exactly the same as yesterday. I am getting iCloud email now, but it is very slow.

I had to do this with my old password because it rejected a new one. I went to the password change site you showed, and it's showing the wrong birthdate. It wouldn't send me an email.

Jun 30, 2012 1:59 PM in response to Gab

Gab wrote:

I tried it twice, and it is still showing iCloud offline. Some of the window processes are not exactly the same as yesterday. I am getting iCloud email now, but it is very slow.

I had to do this with my old password because it rejected a new one. I went to the password change site you showed, and it's showing the wrong birthdate. It wouldn't send me an email.

What exactly is the smtp server address?

Is Mail Version 4.5 (1084) on my computer ok after june 30?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.