5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 1, 2012 5:07 AM by Sandra Foster
LadyCupcake01 Level 1 (0 points)

I've just bought 4S and when I've uploaded everything from my previous 3GS via iCloud, it's only given me some of my photos and the apps are still showing 'waiting'. Howcome? What do I need to do now?

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1
  • pvonk Level 6 (13,722 points)

Are you saying that you tried *downloading* using restore from a 3GS iCloud backup?  (You talk of uploading in your post.)

Personally, I would do a backup to iTunes using USB and then do a restore to the new phone.  I always feel a bit safer relying on a direct hard-wired connection than on wireless iCloud.  Do you still have the 3GS?

• Sandra Foster Level 4 (1,475 points)

I'd suggest that you do a complete backup of your 3GS, either to iCloud or to your computer, via iTunes. Then attach your new 4S to iTunes and do a restore from backup. HTH.

• LadyCupcake01 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for your help, yes - I uploaded everything from my 3GS to iCloud, then did the restore via iCloud upon start-up of my new 4S. Only some apps turned up (about half), all the photos turned up eventually but none of the music I have on my 3GS. I've tried via USB hardwire using my laptop but so far with no success....

• LadyCupcake01 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks for your help, I've just tried to do this again but it seems to only restore the same items, still missing some apps and no music I'm not sure what's wrong.

• Sandra Foster Level 4 (1,475 points)

I'd try doing a complete backup of the 3GS via cable to iTunes (rather than to iCloud), reset the 4S to factory settings, then doing a restore from backup. If that doesn't work, are you close enough to an Apple Store to get help? They will definitely help to set up a new device, if so. Good luck!