Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i print a keychain list

using a mac with lion, I would like to print a list of login passwords that are automaticaly inserted into login pages on websites when using safari so that I can then use them on the ipad. I believe they are kept in keychain but keychain does not have a print facility. Can any one help

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 1:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 2:05 AM

Hi, they may not be in Keychain, (which there is no way to do what you want as far as I know... for Security reasons).

Check Safari Preferences>Autofill>Usernames & Passwords>Edit.

4 replies

Jan 16, 2014 2:07 PM in response to BDAqua

To anyone: This question has not been asked since 2012. I am using the new MacBook Pro with OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 I am hoping things have changed in Keychain since then. Can a file be exported and viewed or printed, with the user and passwords info visible? I don't want to set it up for use if not. Thanks in advance for your time.

Jan 16, 2014 2:22 PM in response to Ady H

To anyone: This question has not been asked since 2012. I am using the new MacBook Pro with OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 I am hoping things have changed in Keychain since then. Can a file be exported and viewed or printed, with the user and passwords info visible? I don't want to set it up for use if not. Thanks in advance for your time.

Jan 16, 2014 3:21 PM in response to Amma2u

If the goal is to be able to sync passwords on your Mac and iPad as the OP was asking, then I would say that there is no need to do it manually, now that we have iCloud. Passwords stored by the browser can be sync'd to iCloud and be available on both your Mac and iPad without exporting or writing them all down.

A very thorough article on how to setup iCloud can be read here:

http://www.macworld.com/article/2058081/how-to-use-icloud-keychain.html

If on the other hand you are really looking to export passwords out of the keychain, you cannot.

how can i print a keychain list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.