Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is my ipod touch 4g get hot while using it?

Hello,

I bought my ipod touch 4g about a year and half ago and in the last month my ipod is getting hot in the top near the camera.

Why is it get so hot?

what can I do with this?

Thank you !

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 30, 2012 2:09 AM

7 replies

Jun 30, 2012 11:03 AM in response to Dorni2

iPods, and any electrical equipment, produce heat when used, it's simply something that happens.

If it is getting too hot to hold or seems to start burning, take it to an apple store near you and have it looked in the Genius bar, nearly all appel stores have one. If your's doesn't, just ask a member of staff.

Maybe try backing up then restoring your iPod, see if that helps. if it does help, restore it from the backup you made before restoring.

Hope this helped! 😀

Good luck!

Jul 1, 2012 12:38 AM in response to Dorni2

For more info on the apple store Genius Bar, visit this site: http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/geniusbar/

Basically, you book an appointment with your local Apple Store, they give you an appointment time and you go into the shop and have a chat with an apple technican or "Genius." They will dignose what is wrong with your device and explain possible solutions to you problem as well as any charges.

Hope this helped!

Why is my ipod touch 4g get hot while using it?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.